From de-cluttering to rearranging, here are some easy, cost-free tips for revamping your home before you list it.
- Mix Up Your Surfaces– To freshen up the look of your home remove all of your accessories and books from bookshelves, consoles, and coffee tables, and give each piece a new home
Bonus: Moving things around a bit may even help you clear some clutter, before you move.
- Make A Visual Impact– Add playful style to your home by color-coding your bookshelves. Group books together by the color of their spines to create a dramatic effect on your shelves. Color-blocked books can be almost as striking and powerful as a great piece of art.
- Skip The Florist– Sometimes a few blossoming branches in a glass vase with water can be just as striking as an expensive bouquet from the florist.
- Clear Off Counters– Your bathroom should look like it is in a hotel – this means a counter free of products except a couple that have pretty packaging.
- Style Your Coffee Table– Start with something large and wonderful in the middle. Try a floral in an interesting pot or a huge bowl filled with something interesting. Then build out from that – stacks of art books, candles, sculpture or pottery. Make it interesting and change it regularly.
- Elevate Your Curtains– Doing so will also elongate your ceilings, a major selling point. To create an illusion of a taller ceiling or larger windows hang curtains from as high up as possible.
- Create a Bedroom Seating Area– Have an extra table and chair? Move it from your living room to your master bedroom. It seems counterintuitive to pack in more furniture, but if you have the space, put an upholstered chair and a side table in a corner. It’ll give the impression that the room is larger. And bigger is always better, right?